April 25, 2011

silly goose.


good morning lovelies! happy anzac day. i'll tell you a funny story, because i'm one silly goose. i had a nice sleep-in, got showered, dressed and went on my merry way to work. goma was expecting massive crowds today from 12pm, so i felt ready, mc hammer blaring from my ipod. i reported for briefing just after 11.30am only to find out it was infact my ado! oops. dedicated worker? i think so. i soon headed off home and did what every sensible thrifter would do on a public holiday...i sniffed out an open opshop ready for me to scour. i found a few treats on my walk home and with a soy caramel latte in one hand and vintage treats in the other, i knew this was my real calling today. i picked up a few goodies that i will be incorporating into my august exhibition, which is seriously so much fun. opshopping for an exhibition..as if i needed a reason! there is a theme for this body of work, and that is excessive sentimentality. i originally discovered this term after searching for the meaning of kitsch, which ES is derived from. this sums up my creative practice to a T! although this won't be the name of the group exhibition, i wanted to be able to tie my ideas together under one influence. there you have it. i'm the soppiest sentimental type ever. so it's perfect. i will be back in the week with some inspiration for you all. i have discovered a few new blogs and they're definately worth chatting about.



johnson cake plate love. just like nanna had.


some lovely plastic utensils. i grew up with tupperware.


a little collection of tea strainers (just like nanna's) and a gorgeous green plastic jug. that green colour is my favourite.


this was easter sunday breakfast.


my craft table. rode my bike twice easter weekend, was lovely.



8 comments:

Trudy said...

excessive sentimentality are two of my favourite words.

Lucent Imagery said...

Great new header! I have a similar pic from Easter Saturday with tea and chocolate. Oops I ate before the Easter Bunny visited. ;)

Rachel, Cold Knees said...

Love the look of the gems you picked up, very retro! x

Gertrude said...

Those vintage items are super lovely!

Timothy Roberts said...

Here's a bit of trivia for you - your green jug is actually the base of a juicer. Originally a cream-coloured plastic juice squeezer would have sat in the top bit ready to take your fruity nectar! I can show you mine, but you can't have it...it's served our family for three generations and is still one of our most vital utensils, kept in the pantry right next to the measuring cups :-)

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Groovy finds - what an excellent day, no work AND thrifty lovliness!

Bungalowgirl said...

Lovely finds you goosey girl. I can't talk as I spent Easter wishing no less than 3 separate people a MERRY CHRISTMAS. Hopeless.
Love the excessive sentimentality concept. Coming from someone who named one of her children after a character from Anne of Green Gables. Middle name Rose, from Titanic of course. Mel:)

Nadia Jonker said...

Such lovely finds! Wow!