August 8, 2011
you've got the symptoms? i've found the cure! it's one of the most simple recipes i have ever attempted but definately one of the tastiest. how can one resist lemon icing and a recipe that calls for an entire block of white chocolate? it's been one of those mondays...a big rummaging day yesterday left me overtired and achey so i knew i had to whip something up to make this monday better than expected. i first made this slice (double the height i may add) close to two years ago for one of my favourites at the gallery. the sweetest man i have ever met, this slice quickly became his favourite and i renamed it 'a slice of frankie' soon after. i'm back at the qld art gallery now after a few years at goma which means i get to spend most days with him. i am always greeted with a hug, he wants to hear my latest stories and i am in awe of his generosity. he is a real treasure and this delicious slice is my ode to him. if you have a spare 30mins one afternoon, i urge you to give it a try. i've even got leftovers to have with a tea later. no more mundane mondays with this treat around!
'a slice of frankie'
125g unsalted butter
50ml thick cream
200g white chocolate
1 1/2 cups chopped dried apricots
250g shortbread biscuits, crushed (i prefer scotch fingers)
1 cup dessicated coconut
25g unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp lemon juice
2 1/3 cups icing sugar
1. line a 18x25cm baking pan with baking paper
2. place butter and cream in saucepan and bring to the boil, remove
3. add chocolate and stir until melted
4. stir in apricots, biscuit crumbs and coconut
5. press into pan and chill for 1 hour
6. for the icing combine butter, lemon juice and 2tbs of warm water in a bowl and stir in the icing sugar
7. spread over the slice, sprinkle a little extra coconut on top and return to the fridge to set
8. cut up and enjoy!
Posted by kit and nancy. at 10:42 AM