August 20, 2011

saturday behaviour.


i've been waiting for this sunny saturday morning since my vintage sheet haul on monday. i enjoy many things (hence my tiny bank balance) and one of those things is hanging pretty sheets on the washing line. i know many of you know what i'm talking about, it's almost like i'm discovering them again for the first time, and it makes me so happy. i also started baking super early as i have many things to get done this weekend. it's the last weekend before my work is hung on a gallery wall amidst 20 other incredible artists. i am so excited, a little nervous and extremely inspired. i sometimes worry about being 'too' busy but now that i am, i'm loving it...i work at my best under pressure. back to the baking behaviour though, i got stuck into a big birthday brownie order that consists of a 3 layered raspberry brownie cake sandwiched together with vanilla cream cheese frosting and topped with fresh strawberries. a smaller version will accompany it and i promise to post pics tomorrow, they already look super delish and i haven't even started with the filling! it's a design i saw a few weeks back and have been wanting to try out. i love when things come together. i also thought a spot of baking would be a good distraction from 24 hour artmaking. i'm cross-stitching as i type this so all is falling into place. i promise to show you my artworks towards the end of the week when they're glued, pasted, stitched and hung. a few of you have asked me what i do with all the vintage fabrics/linen i collect...well, first and foremost i buy them to use as bed linen. secondly, i would like to make tablecloths and cushions for my future shop and also to furnish my home (now and in the future) so i collect them with that in mind too. thirdly, i'm just one big fabric whore and the sight of vintage floral makes me weak at the knees. seriously, it gets me into a frenzy and i love it. fourthly, i use it in my art...all will be explained when you see my new works or if you go back a few years on my blog and check out some of my older creations. i hope you've all had a lovely saturday. will pop by tomorrow with some cake pics and details of my sunday behaviour. enjoy your sunday!



so much prettiness.

brownie waiting to be stacked and filled!

priming my plywood and the wallpaper i've chosen from my collection to cover it.


10 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I do love hanging vintage sheets on the line! It's about the only time I like do washing. I have yet to find any in the right size for my bed but I will continue hunting!

E :)

ps I want those brownies.

Kylie said...

just like you Laura, I love washing my latest haul of vintage sheets, clothes etc and hanging them out in the sunshine to blow around in the breeze and dry...
Can't wait to see your artistic creations (cake and other) x

Trudy Florence said...

one of my favourite wallpapers!
xx

Jayne said...

What a cute collection of fabrics you have hanging on the line :) I can understand how fabric hunting can easily turn into an obsession- whenever I go to an opshop, I have a mental list of particular things I'm looking for- sometimes I can spend hours sorting through piles and racks just to find what I'm after!

petals and vintage said...

Cannot wait another moment to see your artwork! x

rachel @ idlepines said...

I too love adding to my vintage stash: I don't think one really needs a reason to buy gorgeous vintage floral sheets and fabric! I just love to gaze at them myself whilst they wait for their big moment to be used!!

Estelle said...

Can't wait to catch a glimpse of your art, and possibly eat a brownie (or two) :)

Tania said...

What a pretty lot of photos. I confess to having a love of hanging vintage sheets on the line also. Or lots of pretty tea towels.

Anonymous said...

You find the best vintage sheets! I'm jealous, because I only seem to find the washed out faded ones.

Laura said...

That brownie is going to be delicious and those sheets are very pretty!

Laura
whitewinters.blogspot.com