January 12, 2012

final countdown.


5 days and counting. i’ve been playing grown up for the last couple of weeks and for the majority of the time, it’s been quite fun. my meal plan however, a total disgrace. i’ve pretty much bought coles out of their two minute noodles (and not the 25% less fat ones) and eaten blocks of chocolate like it’s an integral food group. that can be argued, i’m sure. i rode into work today because I felt so guilty about the fun I’d had with a bar of top deck last night. it was almost like 30 minutes of fridge cleaning and reshuffling crap in the laundry warranted that kind of behaviour. i’ve been busy snap snap snapping away on my iphone for the january photo challenge and feeling completely inspired by it. created by the lovely chantelle over at fat mum slim, i really want to take a few lines to express my thanks. she’s teeing up one for february too, can’t wait. it’s been a welcomed break from all the hustle and bustle in my world. the sad feeling of leaving the little house i’ve made a home for the past two years is creeping in and many quiet moments have been endured and many, many photos of the bedroom wallpaper have been taken. it was that wallpaper that I first fell in love with when i peered through the window before the viewing. it’s funny how something so simple (and beautiful) will spark a thousand memories years down the track. living at flower street also started the journey of finding and challenging myself. there were lonely times, nights when i barely slept due to weird noises, packing up and saying goodbye during the floods (not knowing what state i'd find it in a week later), plenty of time to myself to create and bake and many memories that i'll take with me. it was a personal adventure and i feel so much stronger for undertaking it. tuesday will bring tears but it will also mark the beginning of a new adventure...and thanks to my two years spent here, i am more ready than ever to start it.



love at first sight.

a blue theme occurred subconsciously this week.

but ended with a warmer floral vibe.


11 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh Laura, when I found out you lived on a street called Flower I wanted to live there too...it's sad that you're leaving your happy little house, but change is good and I'm sure you'll have oodles of adventures ahead of you in your next abode.
On chocolate: I have just demolished a bloc of white choc Lindt! Hope that makes you feel better...AND I'm having riesling for dinner!

CanineThespian said...

That wallpaper is gorgeous. Can you steam it off and take it with you? xx

naughty shorts! said...

Yes it will be sad but onwards and upwards my love! One day you will find a forever home and you can plaster every room in a different wallpaper if your heart so desires. I am looking forward to the release of the Laura Mitchell wallpaper range...

Trudy Florence said...

Lots of good times had at Flower St. But it's time to move on. I miss being a short bike ride away from you! Love you lots!

Zara said...

7 days and counting for my move, I know the feeling.. leaving so much you know and love.
New and wonderful times are ahead I'm sure of it.
The photo challenge came at the perfect time for you it seems to capture all those memories.
x

Amanda said...

You'll be on to bigger and better things. Though if you ninjaed off the wallpaper surely no one would know... :)

melania said...

Beautiful photos to remember your Flower St home! We are gearing up for a move too. The last time we did I remember thinking through things we'll miss and things we're looking forward to. Ah, the bittersweet. But it feels so good to move with life's rhythms. Who knows what joys your next adventures will bring you!

xo

Bungalowgirl said...

Firstly chocolate is definitely a food group. No room for debate. Secondly sounds like you did alot of flowering in flower st and now it's time for a spot of growing and new changes. Enjoy every journey, it's such and adventure! melx

morgan said...

gonna miss that flower street!

Anonymous said...

How exciting that new adventures lie ahead :), along with other lovely abodes.
Can't wait to see what it next in line for you Laura.

humble habit said...

These are lovely. That is too cute, having lived on flower street, just suits you to a tea