August 30, 2012

the opposite of dull.



there hasn't been a dull moment around these parts for as long as i can remember. this may be mainly due to the daily double caffeine hits but i'm running with it. there's been non stop art making, george michael ticket buying, enrolling to screen print with rachel castle (!!) in october, date loaf baking and overeating, prado exhibition admiring, love letter receiving, navy graduation celebrating, baby snuggling and a whoooollleee lot of coffee consuming. life's been busy and i've loved ever second of it. the bags under my eyes will tell you a different story but i've missed the feeling of being as equally productive as i am inspired...something i struggle with on a daily basis. i've just got back from installing my artworks and am ready for the art opening of the year on saturday night. the support has been overwhelming, i am truly in awe of my creative colleagues and proud to be collaborating with such a talented team. being an artist really is all it's cracked up to be.




my life according to instagram.

johnson rose. (1 of 3 of my cross stitched johnson plate artwork)

geometric johnson heaven.

my favourite design of all time.

three's a beautiful crowd.



6 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the cross stitch - beautiful!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Zara said...

Stunning, Johnson cross stitch, that's the best idea ever lovely lady. You creative one.
x

sky-blu-pink said...

Love these cross stitch 'plates'!

Kylie said...

YOU are so CLEVER Laura!
I cannot believe how perfectly you've captured those Johnsons in cross stich. They are stunning. And when I think of the process behind them I am even more impressed. Wow!

Katyha said...

gorgeous cross stitch...such a clever girl ;)

hope you have been well

Elisha said...

How creative! Such a fantastic idea.... How did I miss these?