September 24, 2011

hummingbirds & hibiscus


all sorts of birthday preparations are underway today. it's beeeautiful outside which means when i finish being all crafty and wrapping delicious presents, i'm going to laze about outside on the daybed and finish pia's book. it only took me an hour to pack my suitcase and everything seems to be coming together in time for my departure to the land of cocktails, sunshine and hula girls. i'm off next week for a family holiday in hawaii to celebrate my mum's 60th birthday. it has also been close to 10 months since i last saw my m&d, so the excitement is mounting. my polkadot swimsuit is ready for days of beaching and pool frolicking and my pretty summer dresses are ready for some seafood/cocktail behaviour when the sun goes down. i'm going to post a couple of yummy tropical themed recipes for you before i leave and even though there will be no thrifting whilst i'm away, i'm sure the souvenirs i pick up should entertain you when i return. i hope you're having an equally delicious saturday, i've included a few treasures that have been picked up on my opshopping adventures. on another lovely note, my beautiful friend libby gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl on wednesday morning. i could not be more happy for her. i was secretly wishing it would be a girl, and little harper grace must have heard my prayers. expect some baby posts to come as we continue to assemble her welcome to the world package for when i visit her in november, love! have a great weekend, get out in the sunshine and pop the kettle on...or a cocktail, if you fancy getting your hawaii on. xo



the milk glass lampshade that i'll be turning into a large vase/bowl full of pretty flowers.

ummm, retro kitchen wallpaper? utter perfection in my books.

grabbed a roll of this beauty and have many artworks in mind.

bless, indeed. the new home for all of my vintage greeting cards.

check out the colours of those napkin rings (that remind me so much of my nanna) and biscuit tin detail.


15 comments:

Hello Vintage said...

You lucky thing, off to Hawaii!! Can't wait to see your souvenirs. That wall paper you found is fantastic. Sherry :)

Vintage Sweetheart said...

You're going to have an awesome time in Hawaii! Sea,sun,sand what more do you need! I love the wallpaper and those napkin rings are so sweet.

E :)

Katyha said...

Have the loveliest of time with your parents...ah! Hawaii my dream vacation spot since I can remember. I hope you take plenty of photos so I can live a little vicariously through you ;) sounds like absolute bliss!

Jodi said...

ok, you must be the person that gets ALL the good things at op-shops! You've got a good eye Laura, really you do. As for Hawaii - oh soak up all that sunshiny goodness. Can't wait to hear all about it. Much love x

Ellie said...

Those napkin rings! Vintage perfection! Hope you have an awesome time in Hawaii, can't wait to see what you get up to! Xx

Hannah, Lost in wishful thinking said...

Have fun in Hawaii! I am packed and ready to go on a trip too, to melbourne!
Congrats to your friend, I have always loved the name Harper. :)

Have a safe flight and have fun with your mum and dad!

one denim bird said...

You really know how to spot a treasure or two! That wallpaper is to die for!

Have a fantastic time hula dancing in Hawaii lovely!

Enjoy!

Marisa Noelle said...

Oh wow...that's awesome! Have an amazing time. I always dreamed of going there as I hear it's one of the most lovely places to vacation at. The wallpaper and napkin rings are adorable!!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Have a wonderful time, and do pick up some beautiful bits and pieces to show us on your return.

Great idea to use the lampshade as a vase x

one claire day said...

how exciting... a baby and a birthday!

have fun in Hawaii - I'm jealous!

love the milk glass :)
claire x

Lea said...

That tin is priceless. Love it! Have a wonderful holiday.

Max said...

oh that tin is so pretty!
Happy hula holidays x

Anonymous said...

Lovely finds, I heart that tin!
Enjoy your trip!

Leah said...

Yes, have a wonderful trip, they are all wonderful finds!

karlyn Jackson said...

gorgeous finds, I love the lamp shade! happy holidays!