· 125g strawberries, hulled, halved
· 6 eggwhites
· 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/ vanilla extract
· 1 1/2 cups (225g) icing sugar mixture, plus extra to dust
· 1 1/4 cups (155g) almond meal
· 1/2 cup (75g) rice flour
· 150g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
1. crush strawberries in a bowl with a potato masher
2. place egg whites and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until frothy (use a stand mixer or hand mixer for this)
3. sift over the almond meal, icing sugar and flour.
4. add melted butter and strawberries and mix gently with a spatula.
5. spoon into a friand tin and bake in a 180 deg oven for 25 minutes.
6. leave to cool for 20 mins and then turn out onto a wire rack
7. sprinkle with extra icing sugar and enjoy!