October 12, 2011

naughty behaviour.


i haven't laid in bed and thought about my life in as much detail as i have these past few nights. jetlag is a bitch. coupled with the last leg of a bad cold, my body has no idea what is going on (or what is a suitable time to be blogging rather than sleeping), so here i am. close to 11pm on a wednesday night, my inner night owl has won me over.

chats with my bestie about the importance of vintage pillowcases and reunions in paris have left me completely inspired. there's a part of me organising my next move, designing posters for a yard sale and saving dollars for my upcoming melbourne trip.

then there's that other bit of me that wants to share with you some pretty pictures (a small slice) and talk about two of my favourite women right now. (beats giving in to the chesty cough and decongestant drinking) now, please understand that i am no model (and do not see myself as one), nor do i feel that comfortable infront of a fancy lense. but when bec asked if i'd model one of her fancy annie dresses and have my sister take photos of this naughty behaviour...i said ummm, yes. (there were some squeals and 10 times the excitement of a single yes involved, but you get the idea). kate was on board and the photoshoot began.

now, i know i'm biased because katie is my sister, but you will most definately agree that her photos speak for themselves. they are nothing short of incredible. she captured the true essence of dreamy delight that comes with wearing a naughty shorts creation.

all that was missing was cake. but this was consumed post shoot and away from photographic evidence!) i'm sure you will agree that the katie/bec collaboration was a beautiful one and i can only hope that you will go and show two of my favourite girls some love. of course, at a more suitable hour than this. night. x












18 comments:

Nadia Jonker said...

So beautiful! Wow - so lovely. I have been to Melbourne - only place in Aus I have visited. I love the dress fabrics. x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos, but I don't think you give yourself enough credit, you look beautiful!
And can understand the jet lag thing too, I was only 3 hours out but gee that's a huge difference when you are still wide awake at 1am. Urgh!
Have a lovely day!
Rach x

Hannah, Lost in wishful thinking said...

Those colours suit you so well! I do love your sister's photos also, they often have that lovely dreamy brightness about them.

Melbourne and Paris! Two amazing cities! I wish I could go back to Melbourne right now.

naughty shorts! said...

you are SO gorgeous my girl!! A perfect model! I hope you are feeling better! We have just enjoyed a jelly and ice-cream breakfast!!

Peta said...

so stunning!

Just..... US!! said...

Just gorgeous Laura. Katie and yourself are super duper talented. You look absolutely lovely!!

green tea and red nails said...

SO LOVELY! these are gorgeous... part of my is jealous that my sister only takes average looking photos! haha!

i am not selling at the october rummage but might pop along! will be at november...

have a fabulous day x

Sarah-Jayne said...

you are a goregous-faced, peachy-pied, sunshiney-smiley AMAZING lady.

you look soooooo beautiful in those pics above. you're underselling yourself madam, embrace that beauty and own it!

I love you so much. Can't wait to ferret with you in Paree and other places.

love you and letters xoxo

lauren brimley said...

GORGEOUS photos!! The lighting is magical.

Vic Bibby said...

Gorgeous dress and photos, and you model so well for someone who is a little camera-shy. Hope you're feeling better. I'm a bit of a night owl - lovely and quiet when our house full of little girls are asleep! xxx

trishie said...

Amazing photos, your sister is a great photographer, but i guess it helps that you are so incredibly beautiful!

Kim W. said...

oh wow... ur dress is stunning! mazing pictures too! lovely! :) xkim

Unknown said...

Ah this dress is so perfectly you! I love it so much! I've just had a little idea. Talk soon!
Soph xx

Marisa Noelle said...

Jet lag and a cold? You poor dear...that is no fun. Hoping you feel better!! These photos are stunning..everything about them from the lighting to you to the gorgeous dress. Absolutely enchanting:)

Two Happy Hearts said...

love these photos! so pretty & perfect.

Ms.K said...

These pics are simply dreamy. You look fantastic! So much talent all wrapped up in one gorgeous photo shoot. I hope you're feeling better real soon.

Laura said...

These pictures are so beautiful! The dress looks amazing on you and is such a pretty print!

Laura
whitewinters.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, simply gorgeous! Very ethereal!!

Cakes
http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com